Tomorrow will be our 150th day on the road! That’s plenty of time to have picked up a few habits that are perfectly acceptable around the campsite where everyone’s a stranger, but not all that great when you’re about to head home to catch up with family for a couple of weeks!
So here are 10 things we’ve been doing in Australia that we’ll leave behind in Perth for a couple of weeks …
- Acknowledging every vehicle we pass on the road.
- Checking under the loo seat for spiders.
- Wearing thongs (flip flops) in the shower.
- Being too scared to drive after dark for fear of hitting of a kangaroo.
- Taking our own chairs when we visit friends for drinks.
- Not worrying if we don’t have a shower every day. Or even every other day.
- Wearing outfits that aren’t clean or coordinated.
- Waiting outside the bottle shop (off licence) for opening time.
- Eating a diet consisting largely of peanut butter sandwiches, barbecued meat and salad.
- Wondering where we’ll be sleeping tomorrow.
We’ll be doing one more post about our Month Five Budget And Stats before we take a break and we’ll see you again when we’re back.